Friday 26 June 2015

So, I finally did it.

In February 2014, I joined my local slimming world group, with the thought that once and for all, I would lose the weight. I weighed in at 15 stone 1.5lb. I was a size 20. 9 months later, I was 4.5 stone lighter. And finally, 13 months after I joined, I reached my target weight of 10 stone. It has now been almost 4 months since I reached target. I'm still in my target band of 3lb under to 3lb over, although I now weigh in officially every 4 weeks, to take off the pressure of weekly weighing in, and to give me freedom to enjoy what I eat now and again. I still weigh in at home, daily, to see how much I need to rein it in by, and to make sure that I'm aware of what I'm doing and to keep me aware of what I'm eating. I'm still, in some ways, a fat girl at heart, even though I'm in between a size 10 and size 12 in most clothes. Seeing photos of myself still astonishes me: I look so much slimmer in them than I actually feel! Also, keeping the emotional eating and the boredom eating at bay is HARD work. I can still be very greedy! But I am eating more salad, healthier snacks, and making better treat choices. Something that has surprised me, is that now I'm here, it's not the end of the journey, not by a long shot. But I'm in it for the long haul. I WILL stay slim, and keep up my health. And, the next thing I have yet to motivate myself to do, is get fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment